Invitation for Tenders
1. The Tanzania Electricity Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for Construction of proposed TANESCO regional office at plot no.1 block H Sokoine road in Songea.
2. The Tanzania Electricity Supply Company Limited now invites sealed tenders from eligible Contractors for Construction of proposed TANESCO regional office at plot no.1 block H Sokoine road in Songea.
3. You may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Procurement Management Unit located at Ground floor, room No.G15, TANESCO Head office, Umeme Park Building, Ubungo, P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam Telephone/fax (255) 22 2451145/2452172 from 09:00hrs to 16:30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
4. Tendering will be conducted through National Competitive Tendering procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Works, Non Consultant and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice No. 97 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
6. All Tenders must be accompanied by original tender security equivalent to 1.5% of the bid value in a freely convertible currency in the form of bank guarantee of banker’s cheque from a reputable bank.
7. All Tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes marked “TENDER NO. PA/001/13/HQ/W/051 FOR CONSTRUCTION OF PROPOSED TANESCO REGIONAL OFFICE AT PLOT NO.1 BLOCK H SOKOINE ROAD IN SONGEA, should be address to the: SECRETARY, TANESCO TENDER BOARD, P.O. Box 9024, DAR ES SALAAM TANZANIA to reach him at room No. G15 not later than 27th December, 2013 at or before 10:30hrs local time. Tenders will be opened thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening ceremony at Twiga Board Room located at Ground floor, TANESCO Head Offices, Umeme Park Building, Morogoro Road - Ubungo.
8. It is strongly recommended to attend site visit to obtain information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The site visit will be held on 16th December, 2013 under the arrangement of Regional Manager-Ruvuma and Estate Manager. The costs of visiting the Site shall be the Tenderer’s own expense. The site visit will be conducted at TANESCO Songea.
9. Late Tenders, Portion of Tenders, Electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA ELECTRICITY SUPPLY COMPANY LTD